Hazel

the sporadic blogger

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Just came back from my church's easter evangelistic meeting. I was good. It made my day. Great turnout, great food, great music. But that wasn't what that made my day. Something that was presented did. It was a few scenes from "The Passion" that did. A picture of Jesus' suffering as HE was nailed to the cross. The cruelty of the Roman soldiers versus the forgiveness of Jesus. I couldn't control the tears that were starting to well up in my eyes. Began to cry like a baby. I don't care if people think I'm weak for crying, I just could not express my gratitude for my LORD in any other way but that.

THANK YOU JESUS!!

But isn't it funny that christmas receives more publicity that easter eventhough the resurrection of Jesus is the strongest pillar of our faith and belief? As the speaker said to day, there is only a short mention of the birth of Jesus in the gospels and that beyong the gospels you wouldn't be able to find much said about the birth of Jesus. But what you will read mostly about is of the death and resurrection of Jesus. And yet, chritmas receives more publicity. Ironic isn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger itzytumor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:37 PM  
Blogger itzytumor said...

what was it that made ur day? 'I' was good? abit the self absorbed hor? hehe..just kidding..

yeah, kinda think of it, why is easter 'down-played'? hmm..

5:38 PM  
Blogger Spilinmy said...

It certainly is nice to know that you conciously remember what christ has done for you.

I'll try to keep oraying for you.. =) God Bless..

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home